• Choosing to Excel is participating in the Summer Food Service Program. Meals will be provided to all children without charge and are the same for all children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability, and there will be no discrimination in the course of the meal service. Meals will be provided Monday-Friday at the Conway Ministry Center at 766 Harkrider, Conway. Breakfast will be served from 9-10 a.m. and lunch from 12:30-1 p.m.
• The APCF Conway area Prostate Cancer Support Group (Peer Network group) holds monthly meetings at 1610 Prince St. in the First Methodist Church room 217. The meetings will be held the third Thursday of each month from 6-7:30 p.m. For more information or to register call Jeremy Sasse at 501-379-8027.
• SUMMER CAMPS! There are lots of summer camps to keep the kids engaged and learning new things. For a complete listing of camps visit http://uca.edu/outreach/camps/. For a list of sports camps, visit http://ucasports.com/sports/2013/5/14/GEN_0514131543.aspx
• The Central Community Development Institute is hosting a Lunch and Learn with Ben Muldrow, Thursday, August 3 at UCA Downtown, 1105 W. Oak St. The event will be from noon to 1:30 p.m. For more information, cost of attendance and to RSVP, visit uca.edu/go/muldrow.
• The Rock Society Children of the American Revolution will host a come and go event to help you discover your Revolutionary War Ancestor. The even will be held on Monday, July 17 from 4-7 p.m. at the Faulkner County Library in Conway.
• The Damascus Fire Department will hold a fundraiser Saturday, July 1, at 6 p.m. The event will be held at the Water Department on North Rd. There will be hamburgers, hot dogs, ice cream and fire works (weather permitting.)
• CAPCA’s Governing Board will meet Thursday, June 29, at 6:30 p.m. The meeting will be held at the CAPCA Administrative Office, 707 Robins St., Ste. 118, Conway. The purpose of the meeting will be to discuss program updates, committee reports and funding proposals. The Governing Board will also review and adopt the 2017-18 CSBG Grant Request. CAPCA serves Cleburne, Desha, Faulkner, White, Arkansas, Lincoln and Lonoke counties in Arkansas and Tangipahoa Parish in Louisiana.
• The American Red Cross will be frequenting Conway this summer with blood donation opportunities being held on 6/26, 6/28, 7/3, and 7/5-7. Locations and times will be provided closer to the date.
• The Arkansas River Valley Audubon Society will meet on Monday, June 26 at 7 p.m. on Petit Jean Mountain at the Winthrop Rockefeller Institute in their Stables Classroom. The topic discussed will be “Let’s talk about bears”. The event is open to the public. For directions call 501-977-3899.
• The Conway AARP Chapter hosts its pot-luck and Bingo at the Conway First United Methodist Church Fellowship Hall. You must be at least 50 years or older to attend. Meeting runs from 11:10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Bring a food dish (AARP will provide fried and baked chicken and iced tea) , a can of food for the Food Pantry for the needy and a gag prize if you play bingo. Nonmembers are welcome to attend. Membership cost is $5 each year. For questions contact co-presidents Ruby Johnson 327-0498 or Ron Ross 327-6803.
• The Conway Planning Commission meeting is at 7 p.m. at the Russell L “Jack” Roberts District Court Building, 810 Parkway St.
• The American Red Cross holds a blood drive from 3-7 p.m. at the Walgreens on Oak St.
• Former Miss UCA, Miss Arkansas and runner-up to Miss America Lencola Sullivan will present an address at the Leadership Training For Women-Owned Businesses and Entrepreneurs on Tuesday, June 20, at 11:30 a.m. at the Conway Area Chamber of Commerce, 900 Oak St. The event is free and open to the public but an RSVP is required. For more information and to register, contact Angela Courtney at 870-538-4853 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Faulkner County Museum Commission will meet for its regularly scheduled monthly meeting at 4:00 pm, Tuesday, June 20 at the Faulkner County Museum.
• The American Red Cross holds a blood drive from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Human Development Center, 150 E. Siebenmorgan
•UCA is hosting an event on Friday, June 23, from 9:00 a.m. to noon called Bears for CARE, a free respite care service program for special needs families. Families with children with special health needs aged 4 – 18 and siblings aged 4 – 12 are invited to this event. To register, go online at http://uca.edu/outreach/bears-for-care/ Registration closed Friday, June 16.
• The Centerville School Reunion will be held again this year on Saturday, June 24, at Centerville United Methodist Church. This Church is some two miles east of Woolly Hollow State Park in north-central Faulkner County, and it is pleased to serve as host for this annual event. Activities will begin at 10 a.m., and lunch provided by the Church will follow at noon.