- I small pkg of angel hair pasta
- 1 lb ground beef ( I use the leanest I can find) 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced bell pepper (any color will work)
- 1 jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1 (16 oz) pkg of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- I/2 cup of water
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper (1/2 tsp of each)
- Garnish with Fresh Basil
Cook beef, onion, bell pepper and salt & pepper. Drain. Add a jar of spaghetti sauce to meat mixture. Set aside.
Cook pasta in salted water. Drain when done.
In a greased casserole dish put the drained pasta. Top with the 16 oz of cheddar cheese. On top of the cheese, pour the meat with spaghetti sauce. Top with the cream of mushroom soup that has been diluted with 1/2 cup of water. Pour this over the meat mixture, coating as best as possible. Sprinkle with the cup of grated Parmesan cheese. Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let it sit for 10 minutes before serving. Cut into squares and serve. Garnish each square with fresh basil.
- One fresh pineapple cut into small tidbits (or two cans tidbits, drained.)
- 2 cans of drained mandarin oranges
- 2 sliced bananas
- 1 cup of coconut
- 1 small carton of Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 T of honey
- 1 cup of mini- marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Put all the about in a large bowl and gently fold together. Refrigerate until throughly chilled. (at least 1 hour)
Sprinkle with a light dusting of cinnamon before serving. Enjoy!
- 4 slices of bacon (cut into 1” pieces)
- Okra (fresh or frozen, cut into 1 inch pieces)
- Onion (medium size, chopped)
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- Fresh off the cob roasted corn OR 1 can Shoe Peg Corn
- 1 bag of frozen Lima Beans
- Smoked sausage link (cut into 1/2” slices)
- 1 can of Rotel tomatoes (original)
- 1 can of chicken broth
- 4 medium sized red potatoes (skins left on, cut into 1” pieces)
- Salt & Pepper (1 tsp of each)
- 1 can of water (add more, if needed)
In a large stock pot cook bacon, onions and garlic. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for about 1 hr over medium heat. (Or until potatoes, lima beans and okra are done.
Serve with jalapeño cornbread!
Bennie Campbell’s Basic Muffins
Grease muffin tins or add muffin cups.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 4 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon Baking Soda
- Mix all ingredients, then make hole in center.
- Then, Add 3 eggs and 1/2 cup oil
- Add 3 cups of whatever fruit you like to make a Fruit muffin.
- Add juice from canned fruit to make a thick batter.
Bake for 20-25 minutes.