• Sunday, 7p.m. 2 a.m. Kristy’s Blowout Benefit Bash is open to the public — Kristy Smith always wanted a blowout bash when she passed, so we’re giving it to her. Bring your voice or musical instrument as this will be an open mic celebration of Kristy’s life. There will be fundraisers as well,with the money going into a benefit fund to pay for final bills and costs for Kristy and her family.Address: TC’s Midtown Grill, 16111 E. Oak St., Ste. 15
• Tuesday — The Conway AARP will have its January meeting at the Ola & John Hawks Senior Wellness & Activity Center at 705 Siebenmorgen Road, Conway. No meeting will be held Monday as the center will be closed because of a national holiday. On Tuesday, lunch will be at 11:30 a.m. and a short business meeting will begin at 12:15. Co-presidents will present new officers for 2017 and some new schedules to use throughout the year. Visitors 50 years or older are invited to attend the meetings and become a member for only $ a year. Please come for lunch by buying a lunch ticket at the door. For questions, please call Ruby Johnson at 327-0498 or Ron Ross at 327-6803.
• Jan. 23, 30 — The University of Central Arkansas Community School of Music will have a free guitar class from 6-7 p.m. at UCA Downtown. In each class session students will be instructed in basic beginning guitar technique. Classes are open to the public, all ages are welcome and no registration is necessary. Participants only need to bring a guitar. For additional information, call the CSM office at 501-450-3672 or 501-852-1212. Address:1105 Oak St.
• The Liberty Fire Department will have a public meeting at 70 p.m. Address: 562 Hwy. 64 East
• Faulkner County Tea Party Lunch meets Thursday from noon-1 p.m. at Larry’s Pizza. All are welcome. For more information, call Janet Crow at 472-7074.
• Faulkner County Tea Party evening meeting will take place at the McGee Center at 7 p.m. Guest speakers will be former Arkansas state Rep. Randy Alexander and Brent Dove with the Convention of States. They will provide insight into the Convention of States, articulate its goals and objectives and convey how the Legislature and FCTP can become involved. All are welcome and a meet/greet with light refreshments will follow. For more information, call Janet Crow at 472-7074.
• MLK Prayer Breakfast, UCA Student Center Ballroom. Keynote speaker: Corey Oliver, Bob Courtway Middle School literacy teacher and UCA alumnus. Theme: “One People. One Nation. One Dream.”Although an RSVP is not necessary, it would help with food preparation to provide information on who will be in attendance. Please send information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday. As a reminder, the free breakfast bar will open at 8:15 a.m. and the official program will begin at 9 a.m.
• Saturday-Sunday — Conway Classic Blast Tournament is an annual JO Volleyball tournament that will host nearly 96 volleyball teams in Conway. With a target of 96 teams we are hoping it will bring nearly 1500+ people (players, family and friends) into the community. For more information regarding rules/registration/pricing, please visithttp://www.conwayjuniors.com/page/show/2752448-conway-classic-blast-tournament.
• Saturday-Sunday — Antique Alley Arkansas will take place from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and noon-5 p.m. Sunday. Inside the Conway Expo Center will be 200+ booths brimming with antiques brought by exhibitors from many states. Location: Conway Expo Center, 2505 E. Oak St.