Red Wine Shredded Venison
Time: ~35 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 pound venison steaks*
• 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
• ½ teaspoon sea salt
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper
• 1 cup red wine (such as Pinot Noir)
1. Coat bottom of pressure cooker pot in oil and turn heat up to high. Add in steaks, seasonings, and wine. Toss together.
2. Seal lid and set weight to 10. Heat on high until steam becomes noisy through the weight. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 25 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and release pressure - when weight is calm at 10, move weight to 5 until it becomes calm, then remove weight completely. Once all pressure has released, open lid and shred venison into wine.
Enjoy as a topping on acorn squash risotto or mac and cheese.
*Venison courtesy of my brother. I would have used stew meat if I had any, but the steaks worked great.