Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4-5 servings
• 1 rabbit, cut into pieces*
• ¼ cup flour
• Spices: salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, ancho chili powder, coriander
• 3 – 4 cups shortening
1) Defrost rabbit and pat dry. Remove backbone piece for another purpose. In a gallon bag, shake chicken, flour, and spices. Set aside.
2) In a large skillet, heat shortening over medium high. Test to make sure it’s hot by dropping in a bit of flour. When it bubbles and simmers, start adding spiced rabbit, being careful not to over-crowd the pan.
3) Cook for 15 minutes – turning halfway through. (Use a splatter screen to keep the oil from popping everywhere.)
4) Drain on a paper towel lined plate for 2-5 minutes before serving.
Enjoy with rice or veggie empanadas.
*Local rabbit from Green Acres Atkins (Conway Locally Grown).