Bison Steak with Herbed Butter
Prep Time: 30+ minutes
Cook Time: 6 - 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
• 2 pounds Bison Sirloin Steaks*
• Beverfork Blend*
• 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 1 clove elephant garlic*
• 1 tablespoon parsley
1) Defrost the steaks and pat dry. Sprinkle liberally with beaverfork blend, add an extra pinch of salt, and set aside at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
2) Melt butter in microwave. Chop and smash garlic to a paste. Chop parsley. Stir both into the melted butter. Stick in the freezer.
3) Prep grill for cooking with indirect heat. When ready (appx 350F), cook steaks for 3-5 minutes per side, depending on desired doneness.
4) Remove from grill onto a rimmed platter. Add a tablespoon of herbed butter to each steak and tent with foil. Let rest for a few minutes before serving.
Enjoy with your favorite side dishes – goes exceptionally well with a cheesy pasta bake.
*Local goodies from Cedar Rock Ridge and Ratchford Farms (Conway Locally Grown).