This recipe is crazy fast because there are already a ton of veggies and flavors in the meatballs – and they’re already cooked.
Adapted from: Foodie Crush blog
Time: Appx 15 min
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 young garlic, white & greens chopped (Kellogg Valley Farms)
- 1 green onion, white & greens chopped (Kellogg Valley Farms)
- 6 small carrots, peeled & chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, chopped (Cedar Rock Ridge)
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped (A B C Nature Greenhouse & Herb Farm)
- ½ orange, juiced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound pinto beans (Bluebird Hill Berry Farm)
- Salt & pepper
- 1 dozen loaded meatballs
- 4 oz mixed kale, de-stemmed & chopped (Crimmins Family Farm)
1) Heat oil and butter over medium in a pan. Chop up the garlic, onion, and carrots and add to pan.
2) Chop sage & rosemary, add to veggies. Stir for a minute or two until fragrant, then add everything else.
3) Cover with lid and bring to a simmer. Cook until all is heated through.