These sweet potato wedges can get spicy if you add extra Beaverfork Blend. Watch them closely when the broiler is on so they don’t go from char to burnt. Use leftovers in the Farmers’ Market Stew or smash with some cream and butter to make Savory Sweet Potato Cakes.
Time: Appx 50 min
Servings: 2 to 4
• 5 Covington sweet potatoes (Drewry Farm & Orchards)
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 teaspoon Beaverford Blend (Cedar Rock Ridge)
Method: 1) Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare baking sheet by lining with aluminum foil and topping with an oven-safe baking/cooling rack. Set aside.
2) Scrub sweet potatoes clean, then dry. Slice length-wise, and then again (as evenly as possible) into wedges.
3) Toss potato wedges with oil and then season evenly. Arrange in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
4) Bake for 30 minutes, then turn on the broiler and broil for 3 to 5 minutes – watching closely to make sure they don’t burn.
5) Turn off oven and let the potato wedges cool a few minutes before serving.
Enjoy: Goes great with Rosemary Garlic Pork Steaks and a simple salad.