The Faulkner County Extension service in cooperation with the county Extension offices in Conway, Pope, Yell, Johnson, Logan, Franklin and Perry will conduct its annual Arkansas River Valley Corn Production Meeting on Friday, December 13, 2013. The meeting will be conducted in a new venue this year. Instead of the Wildlife Federation Building, the meeting will be held Church of Christ fellowship hall located directly behind the Exxon gas station in Dardanelle. When coming across the Arkansas River bridge heading west into Dardanelle, the Exxon is on the corner to the left at the first stop light. The Parking lot is on the left side of the Exxon and the fellowship hall is a tan metal structure with a brick front. The church address is 209 Union St. Dardanelle. For more information, contact Jack Clark at 479-393-9858. The meeting agenda will be as follows:
8-8:30 a.m. — Registration
8:30-9:15 a.m. — Corn Verification Update with Kevin Lawson
9:15-10 a.m. — Corn Insect Update with Glenn Studebaker
10-10:15 a.m. — Break
10:15-11 a.m. — Corn Variety and Wheat Update with Jason Kelly
11-11:45 a.m. — Weed update with Tom Barber
11:45 to noon — Wayne Farm Feed Mill with Steve Nolan
The Arkansas River Valley Corn Production Meeting is open to all eligible persons regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, martial or veteran status or any other legally protected status. Persons with disabilities that require alternative means of communication of program information, (large print, audiotapes, etc) should notify the Faulkner County Extension Service (501-329-8344) as soon as possible prior to this activity.
Upcoming meetings of Interest include:
1. Pesticide Applicator Training — Jan. 15, 1 p.m., Tommy Lewis Conference Room.
2. Arkansas River Valley Soybean Production Meeting — Jan. 30, 9 a.m., Conway County Fairgrounds.
3. Arkansas River Valley Rice Production meeting — Feb. 3, 8 a.m., Coop Store in Morrilton.
4. Back to the Basics meeting — Jan, 27, 6 p.m., Tommy Lewis Conference Room.
5. Beef IQ class — Feb. 6, 2014, 6 p.m., Tommy Lewis Conference Room.
6. River Valley Beef Cattle Conference — Feb. 11, 9 a.m., Conway County Fairgrounds.