• Syndicate content

If you could eat lunch with anyone here, who would it be?

So for those of us who visit this site on a fairly regular basis, read the comments, and even comment ourselves, we somewhat get a feel for the other commenters and have those who we either tend to agree or disagree with.  For some commenters we love seeing their posts whether it's because they are funny, insightful, or so ridiculously idiotic that it gives us a good chuckle.  For others commenters we care not to read their posts whether it's because they are always trying to stir up the same bi-partisan political drama or because their posts are so ridulously idiotic that it's annoying.

I've wondered before what it would be like to meet some of these anonymous commenters in public and it made me think about who I or others would meet for lunch if we had the chance.  Would you want to visit with those who make you laugh, those who have similar opinions on matters, or those who you would like to debate with?

For me, I love a good laugh and would enjoy an entertaining lunch with some of the commenters on here who make me laugh on a regular basis.

I suppose if I had to pick four to meet up with for a hilarious lunch meeting I would invite i_wonder, General Disarray, Buzzby, and DJB.  Of course if DJB were invited we would need to tell him that we are meeting 30 minutes later to give the rest of us a chance to secure some food before he wiped out the place and then leave before he causes another gas leak.

If you had the chance to have a casual dinner with four commenters here who would you choose and why?

Comments (37)

ucantbserious
ucantbserious 10/04/12 - 10:53 am

BTW

Oh and if you say the LCD's female journalists and give "because they're hot" as you answer you may wind up with a restraining order against you. IJS.

DJB1971
DJB1971 10/04/12 - 11:05 am

Dog gone it....

...you took away my answer before I had the chance to post it (the LCD's female journalists - because they're hot).

I like your proposal - you, i_wonder, BuzzBy, General, and me.

However, I would LOVE to have the get together at Terri's if she would cook the meal. Mmmmmm!!! Bacon!!! Drizzle!!!!

i_wonder
i_wonder 10/04/12 - 11:11 am

well

We'd have to rent a Pontiac Sunfire for a drive after lunch and park in someone's flowerbed, then fall asleep in the Taco Bell drive-thru.

Let's plan this for election day, so we can all vote at every polling place.

And then take turns spitting on daviskr's windshield.

DJB1971
DJB1971 10/04/12 - 11:14 am

Hey!!!!

No spitting. What are you, a major league baseball player or something?

daviskr
daviskr 10/04/12 - 11:20 am

I'll join you all for lunch

and take mouth swabs so I can match your DNA up to the sample I already have. I know it was one of you . . .

If you're confused, see:

i_wonder
i_wonder 10/04/12 - 11:06 am

my choice (assuming I'm single, of course)

Conways_blacksheep. I would wear a cup though.

Second choice.
Candie.
She could teach me to speak Canadian in aboot an hour, eh?

Candie Beck
Candie Beck 10/05/12 - 05:54 pm

Sweet!

Well aren't you just the sweetest thing! :) I'd do lunch with you in a half a second. Of course there would be homework if you expect to learn Canadian in one session ;)

BuzzBy
BuzzBy 10/04/12 - 11:06 am

I Prefer

Happy Time rather than lunch
And it is happy time because it last longer than an hour.
Plus I'm even more apt to spout off whatever stupid inane drivel that might roll through my skull after a beer or 3.

ucantbserious
ucantbserious 10/04/12 - 11:09 am

I can see it now.

A real meeting of the minds. Perhaps it will be at a real fancy place that gives you crayons so you can color on the back of the menu.

i_wonder
i_wonder 10/04/12 - 11:12 am

please

no hookah bars. I'm allergic to knife wounds.