FCSO: This is What I Find Troubling

This is what I find troubling.

"The Faulkner County Sheriff's Office has announced that prescription narcotics that went missing were not scheduled for destruction, as previously announced, but rather intended for a detainee."

This seems to be a common practice now when a situation involving serious matters becomes public.

For example: loss of life (Benghazi) or drug abuse (FCSO).

When any government agency has to correct it's original statement, to a totally different statement, SOMEONE IN A HIGH POSITION OF AUTHORITY  should lose their job for putting false information out in the first place.

These practices reek of disinformation and a lack of transparency.

How can they justify the original statement, other than trying to minimize the embarrassment brought to the government agency involved?

To me, it makes the government leaders appear to be thinking:  "That story does not look like it is going to stand up to scrutiny. Let's hurry up and make up another one."

For the record, I don't know any of these people. I just no longer assume that I should trust the people who run the government.

357 07/29/14 - 09:56 am
When people say they don't

When people say they don't trust "the government" on a local level, who do you think they're talking about? Local government are people in your community who have stepped up to serve their community. Often they are your neighbors. To many people sit on their butts and complain on social media about how things are but do nothing to help support changes in local government that they think should be made.

Secondly, when people make statements like "I don't know any of these people involved" it just confirms a lack of engagement in their own community. Maybe they should get out and visit a city Council meeting, a county quorum court meeting, or some of the many public forums where these people gather and talk about local government business. Meet these people and I have dialogue with them. Having good local government actually requires some effort from the constituents, the founding fathers never expected it to be a spectator activity. Unfortunately, with so few people voting and getting involved that's exactly what it is become.

InsGuru
InsGuru 07/29/14 - 10:08 am
Never heard the saying

"You can't fight city hall"?

I went to a city council meeting...once.... actually got up and addressed the members, and received a run around response to my inquiry. Granted, this was about 4 years ago. Maybe it's changed.

Elmer Fudd
Elmer Fudd 07/29/14 - 11:15 am
Guru

it has not changed. I watch them on tv or the net each week and what a scene. And yes folks I know a few of them including the mayor.

alipage72
alipage72 07/29/14 - 10:18 am
what about

when you think you know these people because you've lived here your whole life, gone to school with them, believe their hype, then they become a totally different person once they get the popular vote?

357 07/29/14 - 09:59 am
Double post . . .

Double post . . .

Outdoorsie
Outdoorsie 07/29/14 - 10:59 am
Just wait

Wait until all the stuff that the Captain of the FCSO has done catches up to him in court..you say u don't trust the government..wait until he starts squealing on others at the SO..you will really not trust them..this man is going to try to save his own skin and all those ppl he thought where his "friends" are going to get served up to the courts

Igor Rabinowitz
Igor Rabinowitz 07/29/14 - 02:02 pm
Benghazi LOL

As soon as that's invoked, I know we're dealing with a fringe element.

ARVoiceofLogic
ARVoiceofLogic 07/30/14 - 08:07 am
I agree Igor

The Benghazi keyword was basically a large bold sign saying "Stop reading here. Do not continue."

TL;DR - OP loves watching Ancient Aliens.

tmccoy72032
tmccoy72032 07/29/14 - 03:27 pm
Rabbit Chasers

This blog. Yes, the one I started... Can be summed up like this:

These practices reek of disinformation and a lack of transparency.

357 - I work 50-60 hours a week in the private sector. Feel free to go gab with the local government officials if you want to. I do not have time. When anyone seeks public office, or chooses to work for the government, they subject themselves to public scrutiny. What part of disinformation and lack of transparency do you not understand? YOU MISSED THE WHOLE POINT.

Igor - Fringe element??? You're still miffed because I called you out for being a Rabbit Chaser when you tried to derail my other blog about the VPD. What part of disinformation and lack of transparency do YOU not understand?
NAME CALLING TRYING TO DISTRACT OFF TOPIC CONSTITUTES-------- RABBIT CHASING AGAIN.

IF THESE BLOGS WERE HIGHWAYS, MOST OF YOU SERIAL POSTERS WOULD GET TICKETED FOR LITTERING. STAY ON TOPIC OR GET CALLED OUT FOR RABBIT CHASING.

I guess I need to remind you of the blog value formula.

The formula for calculating the value of your words is generally this:

BLOG COMMENT VALUE = NUMBER OF BLOG COMMENTS OF THE ORIGINAL POSTER / NUMBER OF BLOG COMMENTS YOU MADE IN THE LAST YEAR

Here is one example. Discussing the technicalities of some 5 mph over the speed limit law on a blog started to discuss the tactics of the VPD.
This constitutes RABBIT CHASING and has nothing to do with the original post.

Igor - How many blog comments have YOU made in the last year?
Do you need to borrow my calculator?

A LITTLE HINT SO YOU DO NOT GET CONFUSED. WHEN THE NUMBER ON TOP IS SMALL, AND THE NUMBER ON THE BOTTOM IS BIG, THE ANSWER TO THE FORMULA IS VERY VERY VERY SMALL.