The Arsenio Hall Show was classic TV. Not classic like All in the Family, classic like What's Happening? Clinton playing the saxophone, the dog pound woofing and Arsenio's very large shoulder pads. One of my fave parts of the show was when he would say things that made you go 'Hmmmm...'
I hear Arsenio may be making a late night TV comeback, so before that happens, here are a few things I came across recently that made me ponder:
1. The people that fish on the bank of Beaverfork Lake about 100 feet from the highway...do they eat the fish out of that lake? Doesn't the proximity to the highway and the sounds of cars driving by at 50 mph take away from the serenity that is supposed to come from fishing?
2. Who are the people who still send in videos to America's Funniest Videos? Haven't we seen enough? Did Daisy Fuentes see that as a career move?
3. Honey Boo Boo
4. When did Clint Eastwood become a political figure?
5. Abandoned cars in lots and side streets made me recall that autos aren't required to pass an inspection anymore before tags are issued. Why did we stop doing that?
6. Is a peaceful late Summer drive in the country to spend an evening with friends worth the trouble and time it takes to clean the dead bugs off your car?
7. We're 58 days from Oct. 31st and Halloween candy is out at Walgreens.
8. Why didn't the Cowboys just go ahead and buy Tebow when he was for sale? It is afterall, God's favorite team.