Freedom Marches on in Arkansas

News today that State Court Judge Christopher Charles Piazza has struck down the Arkansas Constitutional Amendment banning same sex marriage and even civil unions is good new and proves again freedom always wins.

To quote Judge Piazza "It is time to let that beacon of freedom shine brighter on all our brothers and sisters, we will be stronger for it.

Attorney General Dustin McDaniel, of recent scandal fame, will be appealing the decision and will ask for a hold on his ruling so no confusion will be ruling marriage until the appeal is heard.

Dustin McDaniel apparently has decided freedom for the LGBTQ community to marry should be held back.  He should follow the steps of others and refuse to appeal or fight the decision.

Equality for people in the State of Arkansas should not be denied by the State itself.  Shame on you Dustin McDaniel, and hurrah for Judge Piazza!

reader
20065
reader 05/10/14 - 08:37 am
GO GO GO Equality Movement

Arkansas steps out of the dark ages. The decision to strike down this law is good for Arkansas business and its free people!

reader
20065
reader 05/10/14 - 09:54 am
News is

County Clerks have already begun issuing licenses to marry to gay couples!

March on Freedom!

Raving Bear
Raving Bear 05/10/14 - 04:31 pm
I care not, who marries who

I care not, who marries who is none of my business unless someone is being coerced or abused to do so.

DanCDaves
DanCDaves 05/10/14 - 05:53 pm
What's left?

What's left for the equality movement? I'm genuinely curious.

reader
20065
reader 05/11/14 - 05:09 pm
Equality in pay for women for 1

Equal protection in employment, housing and public accommodations for a few others.

conwayville
conwayville 05/10/14 - 07:11 pm
"equality"

Makes me sick.

reader
20065
reader 05/11/14 - 08:20 am
Really?

Equality makes you sick? So many people would find that offensive, but you are welcome to feel so. Have a great Mother's Day!

lachowsj
lachowsj 05/10/14 - 08:35 pm
News from Eureka Springs

The first Arkansas gay marriage was performed in Eureka Springs today. It is also the first legal same sex marriage performed below the Mason-Dixon line. Arkansas is out of the dark ages and into the regional forefront.

ArkansasTraveler
ArkansasTraveler 05/11/14 - 05:48 am
Published in the LCD June 2011

The following blog that I wrote that was published back in 2011 holds true more now than ever.. It is indeed a sad day for Arkansas but this was inevitable. Once the horse is gone it is too late to close the barn door..

"For those of us who choose to believe in what the Bible says about human sexuality it seems to us to be less than normal behavior for men to choose men as sexual partners (or for women to choose women).

I really wish that folks wouldn't classify everyone who calls himself (or herself) a Christian as truly being a Christian. It is just too easy to use that label but not really walk the walk the way God wants us to. Lots of people confuse Christianity with simply a belief that God exists. If you believe the Bible even Satan will admit that God exists but that doesn't make him a Christian. True Christians have a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ and that makes all the difference in the world when it comes to how they relate with others.

The Bible tells us to love the sinner but hate the sin; I'll readily admit it is easier to say than to do. I'm not so sure that the LBGT community really wants tolerance; I think it is more acceptance that they want. As a born-again Christian I simply cannot accept that type of social behavior because I know it in my heart to be morally wrong just as I know prostitution, drug abuse, spouse abuse, and a host of other anti-social behaviors to be wrong as well.

I'm certainly not perfect now would I ever pretend to be but I do have a moral compass that tells me that homosexuality and lesbianism are not God's choices for us. In all my many years on this earth I've seen too many people choose that lifestyle and live extremely unhapppy lives because of missing out on God's blessings for them."

Reader; you can spout your "it's my right" all you want but the gay lifestyle is still morally wrong. It goes against all things natural. You can rationalize all you want but the time will come when those who embrace this lifestyle will come to regret it.

conwayville
conwayville 05/11/14 - 06:39 am

for posting what is right.