• Syndicate content

Bread and milk, or something else?

With winter weather-mageddon right around the corner, I have a serious question for you folks.

What are you going to sprint to the grocery store, along with the rest of Conway's 58,000-plus residents, and buy?

There's always the popular choice of bread and milk, but why? If I'm going to be stuck inside for days, I want something a little more substantial than bread and milk.

And on that note, most people buy food in these situations while preparing for a possible power outage. If my power goes out, the last thing I want to drink is some chunk-infested liquid that used to be milk.

I say all this to ask you: What will you buy?

As always, stay safe and warm.

Comments (6)

Budnmud
Budnmud 12/04/13 - 08:19 pm

Snow and ice.

I stocked up on beer and salsa.

Rhonda Overbey
Rhonda Overbey 12/05/13 - 01:37 pm

One book + two movies and I'll be sick of it.

Hot chocolate with tiny marshmallows and cheese dip fixins for me. I also need treats for Chase. He's reluctant to take his potty bizness outside when it's cold and wet.

I also have a little craft project planned if there's time and electricity to power a glue gun!

Of course, I can only stay cooped up for a day before I'm out in the mix of it.

ucantbserious
ucantbserious 12/05/13 - 01:45 pm

Don't have to worry about your milk going bad.

Just bury it out in the snow to keep it cold if the power goes out.

Lee Hogan
Lee Hogan 12/05/13 - 02:39 pm

As a matter of fact...

… I've heard that argument a few times now. It sounds pretty good, actually.

Elmer Fudd
Elmer Fudd 12/05/13 - 03:08 pm

Warning

Black Friday at Kroger's today. This might be the best day of the year for them.

Leigh Anne Shapard
Leigh Anne Shapard 12/05/13 - 03:13 pm

Snacks....

I went on my lunch break and got the following: Milk & eggs (we were nearly out of each- already had bread), cheese slices (for grilled cheese), granola bars & Little Debbie Christmas cakes, because really...those cakes are what will get us through if we are iced in.