Investigative Journalism is alive and well

If somebody had told me that a sitting judge was saying the things Mike Maggio may or may not have been saying, I'd have done exactly what Matt Campbell over at the Blue Hog Report did.

And that's very, very high praise.

It reminds me of one of the most fun times I've ever had at this job when I single-handedly took down Tariq “Dex” Malik, the leader of an online "prank call goon squad" who caused about $50,000 damage to a local hotel over the phone. Heckuva deal.

I don't know if I can say it any better than I did way back when, so I'll just post links for anyone who wants to take a trip down memory lane to the "pranknet" investigation.

Make with a clicking action on these here little blue words for part one and this other little set of blue words or these here for a couple follow-ups. The folks at The Smoking Gun kept after the goons while I was back in school, and I learned a little while ago that there were several arrests in 2011.

sevenof400
sevenof400 03/09/14 - 08:31 pm
A great opportunity to display that same dogged determination...

...can be found right down the street at city hall.
If ever there was an entity in need of receiving the sunshine of the press, it is our fair Conway.
We, your readers, await with antica...............pation.

conwaygerl
conwaygerl 03/10/14 - 09:30 am
??

-- I single-handedly took down Tariq “Dex” Malik --

I guess I missed that event.

Snuffy012150
Snuffy012150 03/10/14 - 06:55 pm
Faulkner County Case 23DR-07-57 Mossholder v Coker

I wish somebody would check on the subject case above and find out what is going on there. I understand it was in court September of 2013. However, I haven't heard a peep about it and there may not even be a court transcript. Maggio managed to keep it from coming to court for 5 years. There has possibly been a coverup somewhere. Two children had been molested by their father. Probably around 30 reports on file with DHS and the sheriff's office. Those persons involved claimed that the mother had coached the children as to what to tell investigators. The judicial system claimed the reports were "unsubstantiated" except something like 3 of the 30. That's very unusual since a lot of the information was coming from doctors and therapists. With what is coming to light about Maggio (I won't call him Judge), I can't help but think as mentioned earlier that they've been trying to keep the incidents with these children covered up. I understand that HG Foster had the gall to place the children in the home of the pedophile's mother. Well, guess who lives with mother? None other than the pedophile father. Just throw the children back into the fire ! I think if somebody had the nerve to look into this, there would probably be wrong doing by several individuals or agencies. Maggio, Foster, sheriff's office, DHS and no telling who all might be involved in this house of cards !

conwaygerl
conwaygerl 03/11/14 - 09:40 am
I did check as you requested

I also noticed 23CR-09-574 and 23CR-09-136.

--Those persons involved claimed that the mother had coached the children as to what to tell investigators--

That does happen and it is something that experts are trained to detect.

justoffcenter
justoffcenter 03/11/14 - 10:00 am
We will see

You will not be employed here long if you do to much. Keep your guys and gals out in the county, no city folks need looked at. Hendrix, hint hint, UCA, wink wink, Christmas tree, point point, street work in the city, oh boy.

Your paper will never look into any actions of ill nature from the elected leader that are worth reading about.

crypted quill
crypted quill 03/11/14 - 11:00 am
Well...................you

Well...................you can read "Facebook Paper" and live in your bubble of happiness.