• Syndicate content

Have a good retirement; it's huge

Among the various end-of-the-year lists by varous pundits are words and phrases that should be retired after this year.

No. 1 is twerking. Nuff said.

Another candidate is "huge." If everything is huge, nothing is huge.

Same thing can be said for "epic."

And how about "new normal?" That phrase has been around for several years, which qualifies it as normal. "New normal" is old hat.

Suggestions for others?

And be careful how you phrase it, "dudes" (yep, another one).

Comments (6)

Budnmud
20999
Budnmud 12/13/13 - 10:57 am

Um, Like, whatever

You know.... College coed speak, needs to be ditched....

ucantbserious
ucantbserious 12/13/13 - 12:00 pm

Agreed

Perhaps the most troubling isn't a word but instead an inflection. It drives me crazy when I hear someone end a declarative sentence with an inflection that makes it sound like a question.

ucantbserious
ucantbserious 12/13/13 - 12:02 pm

Another

I just heard this word for the first time yesterday and I am already sick of it.

"Affluenza"

It's not a psychological condition, it's not a justification, and it sure as heck shouldn't be an acceptable legal defense.

Budnmud
20999
Budnmud 12/13/13 - 12:20 pm

UNBELIEVABLE....

Are you serious, like, you know, I had to look that one up.

Um, Affluenza, really? What will these nut cases come up with next as a defense. Where is the village when they need it.

mikeng1994 12/13/13 - 12:24 pm

I don't know why this bothers

I don't know why this bothers me, but I hate it when you say something and the reply is, "I know, right?"

lachowsj
lachowsj 12/13/13 - 03:49 pm

I'll tell you what

At the next football party, have a game where you take a shot every time the color commentator says "I'll tell you what." By halftime no one will be conscious.