I'm sorry for bringing this up after lunch, but did you hear about the 32-year-old Florida man who died after winning a roach-eating contest?
It's weird. Last night I saw some AP images from the actual contest - with no word that he had walked out of the venue and died.
This morning I look at another post and see he collapsed and died just minutes later.
That's no way to go.
Nobody seems to know what happened to him. They await autopsy reports.
You may be thinking, "Well, he ate dozens of roaches."
This is perfectly acceptable in many parts of the world, though.
The man was playing along to win a python, the AP reported.
No other contestants became ill, and the AP quotes an entomologist at University of California as saying roaches are not unsafe to eat unless they become contaminated with bacteria or other pathogens.
He had never heard of someone dying after eating roaches and said they are not toxic.