Worst radio show ever

This morning I was thinking about this news radio show I used to do at my college. Mostly about how horrible I was at it. I am permanently scarred from doing that show.

I felt confident in my speaking abilities up until that point. Some sort of confidence was lost and now I am kind of a bumbling idiot.

I got through the stories but some were so, so hard to read knowing my friends were listening. Plus, they would call the station and mess with me until I cracked on air.

My station manager was one of the coolest and most hilarious girls I've ever met. She has a daughter with a mullet.

Stories that were the most difficult to read on air were about food. There's no way you can sound cool saying "cupcake, green beans, slaw, corn, roll, sausage...?"

We used to screw with each other through the station windows until we crashed. We also were in the bad habit of forgetting to turn our mics off when we went to commercial.

One time I threw her off - I can't remember how but the word 'intercom' was transposed with 'intercourse.' We lost it totally and couldn't even finish the show. Ok, maybe we did have the worst news radio spot in history.

We found out later that when that happened, our department head was listening and lost control of his car (out of sheer disbelief I guess?) He was in a ditch and we were rolling around laughing on the dirty radio station floor.

college.

Rick Fahr 08/06/10 - 03:05 pm
as long as Glenn Beck has a radio show

the title of worst ever is safely out of your grasp

MarkVaught
MarkVaught 08/08/10 - 11:36 am
You're not going to believe this...

...but I can't stand Glenn Beck's radio show, either. Those boobs he has on there with him make me want to gnaw my own limbs off.

Rick Fahr 08/08/10 - 11:40 am
Alderman

There may be hope for you yet.

Fast Eddie
Fast Eddie 08/08/10 - 01:35 pm
Glen

His "dude boobs" on TV aren't much better......

ArkansasRocks
ArkansasRocks 08/08/10 - 07:08 pm
Every show on NPR is

Every show on NPR is competing for the title of Worst Radio Show Ever. I'm pretty sure everyone involved in the production is trying to "out-boring" each other.

I listen to Dennis Miller's show over the internet each day. He's got a great show.

Tjernobyl_Child
Tjernobyl_Child 08/09/10 - 02:19 am
Whatever happened to...

...the decent talk radio shows? Tom Lycus, Scott Anderson, Michael Reagan, Pat Lynch, Dr Laura? I hated it when 103.7 went to nothing but sports.

Sorry to include Dr Laura in that list, but she never failed to crack me up.

notthisboy
notthisboy 08/12/10 - 05:47 pm
Liberals

Guess the only people posting on this are liberals. You might want to stop and listen to Glen Beck, I did not like him either until I started seeing what he was telling us becoming fact. We are a spoiled society all we want to hear is that everything is going to be great. It is not folks, start paying attention. Don't forget to take out the trash November 2.

Tjernobyl_Child
Tjernobyl_Child 08/16/10 - 05:23 am
lol @ Liberals

You label a person as a liberal, because of their choice of radio entertainment....thats funny.