• Syndicate content

'Duck Dynasty' stars swap jokes, greet fans

Posted: April 3, 2013 - 5:24pm
AP PHOTO/A&E, ZACH DILGARD   Pictured, from left, Phil Robertson, Jase Robertson, Si Robertson and Willie Robertson from the A&E series, "Duck Dynasty," airing Wednesdays at 9 p.m.  AP
AP
AP PHOTO/A&E, ZACH DILGARD Pictured, from left, Phil Robertson, Jase Robertson, Si Robertson and Willie Robertson from the A&E series, "Duck Dynasty," airing Wednesdays at 9 p.m.

METAIRIE, La. (AP) — Phil Robertson, one of the shaggy-bearded stars of the hit reality TV series “Duck Dynasty,” used to get mistaken for a homeless man. He said he was even singled out once at an airport for a security search and wands went “places my woman hasn’t been in years.”

These days, though, the patriarch of a family of duck hunters-turned-millionaires is more likely to get stopped by strangers who want autographs or pictures.

“When you look like this, there’s no hat and glasses that can cover it up,” Phil’s son Willie said, drawing laughs from his family of co-stars. “I’m certainly more recognizable. I can tell you that.”

Last Saturday, more than 500 fans showed up at an autograph session with the family. The Robertsons cracked jokes about their celebrity status and signed books, T-shirts, shoes and even some hunting rifles for fans in their home state of Louisiana.

The show, which airs on A&E, follows the family and its business, Duck Commander, which specializes in handmade duck calls and other bird hunting gear. But the Robertsons are easily distracted from their work and amuse the audience with their humorous adventures.

The show premiered in 2012 and is in its third season, drawing about 8 million viewers a week.

The Robertsons would not talk about the status of a fourth season or reports they were holding out for more money. But if their popularity is any indication, they’ll be back.

Ghostrider
Ghostrider 04/04/13 - 07:15 am
That's a Fact Jack

That's a Fact Jack

BearFan4
1960
BearFan4 04/04/13 - 08:04 am
truthbetold
truthbetold 04/04/13 - 08:56 am
Yes because ....

it's not inconvenient to have cameras following you all the time and you can't take vacations now because everyone wants to talk to you. It's business that's all. Other people are probably offering more money for another station so A&E will have to step it up. Why do you dislike duck dynasty BF4? And how does that saying go again about he that cast the first stone?

BearFan4
1960
BearFan4 04/04/13 - 09:51 am
Yes because...

Your argument only works if they were forced to do this show. When it first happened they were most likely approached and made an offer then given the free will whether or not to accept that offer, therefore they should have known what could potentially happen.

Also, I didn't say I disliked the show, I didn't say I like or even watch the show. I just find it ironic that I heard Willie give a speech to Harding students about how he had met so many people in Hollywood that were soooo unhappy due to being loaded down with material possessions, and now they are asking for the same.

HYPOCRISY MUCH???

conwaygerl
conwaygerl 04/04/13 - 09:53 am
oh

If I ask for a raise to offset inflation, am I no longer a Christian?

BearFan4
1960
BearFan4 04/04/13 - 09:57 am
$200K an episode to offset

$200K an episode to offset inflation??? Hope you have more material so you can get a full hour on Comedy Central!!! LOL

conwaygerl
conwaygerl 04/04/13 - 10:05 am
$200k

divide that by the large number of family members and employees that appear on the show and the increase is not that great per person.

BearFan4
1960
BearFan4 04/04/13 - 10:17 am
Ok, so here's who I know

Ok, so here's who I know makes up the adult part of the family because I assume the kids would not get their own full share: Si, other old guy and wife, Willie and wife, Jase and wife. That's 7, but for ease of math calulations let's assume 10 adults get a share. Now let's assume that the 4th season would be a minimum of 10 episodes... That still equals $200K A PERSON and that is only one season!! They have already gone through 2 seasons in ONE YEAR with the third going on now!! All this ON TOP OF a multi-million dollar duck call industry!! I think they are doing quite fine without the mega pay raise.

truthbetold
truthbetold 04/04/13 - 10:49 am
Alot more than 10 adults..

but if you've never watched the show then I guess your assuming kind of like say Quill and others have on the great LCD blog. Assume just enough to spread your hate right? Also it's a multi-million dollar industry with how many employees and over head? Not saying they don't make alot of money but kinda seems like your just trying to pick at stuff. If you are saying they aren't perfect Christians then I'm sure they would agree with you along with the rest of the religion. So who’s putting who on a pedestal here?

crypted quill
crypted quill 04/04/13 - 10:57 am
WOW! truth... You're a bitter

WOW! truth...

You're a bitter pill calling Xhristians Xanax.

Zucks man... let it go!